FT News Feed
The NCBC’s Father Tad answered call-in questions related to bioethics on the March 13, 2023 episode of EWTN’s Catholic Answers Live show. Various topics of personal relevance to listeners were covered, including:
- 02:00 - Are frozen embryos "property"? Is the law "de-personalizing" these tiny human beings?
- 12:29 - Is it ethical to consume animals and animal products? Is this taking us away from the true call of Jesus?
- 19:36 - Is it true that a frozen embryo has a shelf life of only 5 years?
- 22:11 - Does the Church allow frozen embryos to be adopted by women who cannot conceive?
- 29:33 - What is gain-of-function research and is it ethical?
- 39:54 - What are your thoughts on printing animal DNA for interplanetary colonization? Would it be ethical?
- 44:55 - Would it be appropriate to have frozen embryos buried with the mother at her death?
- 47:20 - Is Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) licit?
The interview is available here: Audio of Catholic Answers Live Program on Bioethics