FT News Feed
The NCBC’s Father Tad answered call-in questions related to bioethics on the January 16, 2023 episode of EWTN’s Catholic Answers Live show. Various topics of personal concern to listeners were covered, including:
- 14:55 -What do you think about the science of artificial womb technology? Do you think it might have any relation to the end of abortion?
- 19:43 - Ethically, how much as Catholics can we trust that scientists are doing the right thing? Is using stem cells for cancer treatment ethical? I’m asking as a parent that has a child dying from cancer.
- 29:24 - I work as a clinical research coordinator with humans. Is it ok for me as a faithful Catholic to present contraceptive options for women going into a trial?
- 37:30 - Is insulin a necessity at the end of life?
- 45:20 - My mother has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. She’s also on dialysis for kidney failure. How long, morally, should she continue dialysis as her dementia progresses?
- 50:17 – I’m 75 y.o. my adult children have all left the faith and don’t care about me anymore. What do I do if I’m hospitalized and have no advocate?
- Resources mentioned: http://vimeo.com/bioethicsvideos (paste into browser).
The interview is available here: Audio of Catholic Answers Live Program on Bioethics